Saturday, July 19, 2008

Amy Reads the Week (of July 20th, 2008)

I have four words for you, Gentle Reader:

Comic Con San Diego.

Four more words, then?

Alas, Amy cannot attend.

Max Brooks! Ed Brubaker! Jim Butcher! John Cassaday! Darwyn Cooke! Joe Hill! Geoff Johns! Jim Lee! Brad Meltzer! Mike Mignola! Grant Morrison! Greg Rucka! Gail Simone! Joss Whedon! Connie Willis!

I do not think there has ever been such a gathering of my favorite people in all the world. And to think that I have taught or will teach works by six of Those Esteemed Authors! And that is No Exaggeration, Friends. O, to ask them questions! To hear their answers! To bask in the glory that is some of the best talent of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries!

Amy Reads is Very, Very Sad.

Very Sad Indeed.

For those of my Most Constant of Readers who are, perhaps, More Fortunate than This Humble Author and have the ability to attend Comic Con San Diego, I wish you Great Joy and Love. Please report back on action figures (for Mr. Reads) and on Wonder Woman news (for Dr. Reads).

5 comments:

Fanboy said...

Heading out on Wed for the con. Let me know if you want me to keep my eye out for you for anything in particular.

Amy Reads said...

Hi Mister Fanboy,
Heading out on Wed for the con. Let me know if you want me to keep my eye out for you for anything in particular.

Is the answer "yes, please?" an appropriate response? :)

I am particularly interested in the Ladies of DC poster Adam Hughes did for the last Comic Con. Not sure if it will make the rounds this time.

Thanks for remembering your friendly neighborhood Amy Reads!!
Ciao,
Amy, who still adores everything you gave her from last year's comic con!

Fanboy said...

I'll keep my eye out for the poster. I've seen it so I know what I'm looking for. Anytime, Amy. Anytime.

Amy Reads said...

Hi Mister Fanboy,
I'll keep my eye out for the poster. I've seen it so I know what I'm looking for. Anytime, Amy. Anytime.

Thanks!!! You were very generous last year, and I cannot thank you enough for your willingness to find cool Amy-things this year, too!

Let me know if I can get you anything in return. Something southern, perhaps?
Ciao,
Amy

Evie said...

I'm right there with you in sadness, trying not to spend all my time reading about what's going on there. But next year, right?