Sunday, May 18, 2008

Amy Reads the Week (of May 18th, 2008)

Surprisingly, Gentle Reader, I have not actually *read* All That Much in this week following the completion of my Dissertation. That is to say, I have purchased a few weeks' backlog of comics, but have not read them. I have received several books from the library in anticipation of my forthcoming Very Interesting Classes this summer and fall, but have not looked at them. And I have received a joyous gift from Mr. Reads to celebrate Said Completion of Said Dissertation--a shiny purple Nintendo DS complete with Justice League Heroes--and I have not had much time to play. I have been, Quite Frankly, decompressing.

Because the Dissertation is not *over* per se. There is that pesky conclusion to write, the Quite Daunting Defense looming in the future, never mind the rewrites and preparations. But this week has been rather relaxing, in that I have just let myself be, without any real obligations. Mr. Reads and I even took a mini-vacation to see A Dear Friend get married! And, let us all Be Honest, it has been Season Finale Week. Where reading has suffered, let no one say television suffers the same.

But, and there is a "but," Gentle Reader, I will resume it all again soon. Wonder Woman to read, Justice League to play, and my Dissertation to frame for it. I'm swamped!

No comments: