Sunday, October 07, 2007

Amy Reads the Week (of October 7th, 2007)

Mr. Reads has Abandoned This Humble Author for a weekend of camping with his friends, and Gentle Reader, Pup Reads and I are Rather Sad for it. That is, we have graded, and watched many Film Adaptations of Victorian Novels, and while Wives and Daughters was a Bit of a Bust, Daniel Deronda is proving to be Worth Every Second. We have shopped, and dusted off the Halloween decorations, shaken out Pup Reads’ Wonder Woman costume, and we have Put Up The Window Clings and the Clever Metal Signs. Chez Reads is now Ready for the Holiday.

But Mr. Reads’s absence has meant Quite the Buildup of shows on the DVR, as much of last week was spent in preparation for said weekend of fun. Of the shows we have watched, either separately or together, I remain, still, Greatly Impressed with Journeyman, Impressed with Life, and always and ever In Awe of The Office and 30 Rock. I am one episode away from abandoning The Bionic Woman which proves to be mediocre at best and sloppy and contrived at worst, and the Dark Horse of the Fall Lineup, Pushing Daisies, blew all of the new shows out of the competition. Easily my favorite and the best of the new series, I expect Great Things From It. I urge you all, Most Constant and Gentlest of Readers, to add it to your schedule, forthwith.

A short entry for a busy day, but I promise a filler entry later this week.

2 comments:

supadiscomama said...

Except for the grading bit, your weekend sounds fabulous (I remember similar days in my far-away past). Supadiscobaby is not so much a fan of period films, nor does he enjoy decorating--yet.

Oh--and you forgot to mention the fantastic brunch and equally fantastic company that you enjoyed on Saturday ;)

Amy Reads said...

Hi Supadiscomama,
Except for the grading bit, your weekend sounds fabulous (I remember similar days in my far-away past). Supadiscobaby is not so much a fan of period films, nor does he enjoy decorating--yet.

If there is any bebe who will love period films *while* decorating for Halloween, it is My Good Friend Supadiscobaby! Able to leap tall buildings with a single point-and-grin! (I believe it is his superpower).

Oh--and you forgot to mention the fantastic brunch and equally fantastic company that you enjoyed on Saturday ;)

I really did, and I apologize, Profusely, for it. A fantastic brunch, better company, Mr. Reads was Quite Jealous when he got home.

Also? Quite Sunburned. It's rather hilarious, if I do say.

Thanks for taking care of This Lonely Bride this weekend!
Ciao,
Amy