Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Pop Culture? Meet My Pop Culture!

The briefest of brief posts, Gentle Reader, as the next three weeks begin a rather grueling summer session, time-wise, but Overwhelmingly Rewarding, life-wise. There are Things I Need To Do before I run off on Yet Another Errand, and therefore my time with You, for the next three weeks, is Rather Limited.

But, and yes, Friends, there is a "but," I just heard the most Marvelous News from Mickle at True Confessions of an Hourly Bookseller!. It seems that one of This Humble Author's Favorite Writers, Ms. Diana Gabaldon, is writing graphic novels of her characters, Jamie and Claire, from the Outlander series!

You must understand that These Novels are in no small part responsible for my Obsession with All Things Scottish, an obsession small but nurtured before 1992 when I first encountered Ms. Gabaldon's work, and now, some 15-odd years later, a full-blown Adoration! When I visited Scotland last May, I went to the Battlefield of Culloden, in memory of those real-life fallen heroes, brought to fictional life by Ms. Gabaldon's work.

As I'm sure you are Well Aware, Friends, I absolutely adore it when one aspect of My Pop Culture meets another aspect of My Pop Culture. I see them wave to each other, and I smile.

Off to the wilds, Gentle Reader, and until next time, happy reading!

No comments: