Friday, January 02, 2009

Amy Reads the New Year; Or, Resolutions of the Comic Book Variety

Greetings, Gentle Reader, from the auspicious year of Aught-Nine. I have Declared This Year to be a Year of Many Things, including This Humble Author's foray into the Making of Great Soup.

Yes, Friends, that is right: Aught-Nine will be The Year of the Soup.

Also, I wish Aught-Nine to be The Year of Reading Comics with Alarming Regularity Once Again, as I have difficulties relaxing--no surprise to you, O Constant of Readers!--and doing things just for me. Comics are so often Just For Me that I feel somewhat guilty enjoying them in lieu of the stacks upon stacks upon stacks of work to be done.

With that in mind, I have decided that I must resume my blogging, and most particularly, resume my weekly reviewing. The truth is, Friends, that I *miss* blogging, and the blogging community, and in particular, the comics blogging community, especially those of a feminist persuasion.

I recently returned from San Francisco, and had the Great Pleasure of visiting the Cartoon Art Museum, which was Quite Lovely, if I do say so myself, although due to time constraints our visit was limited to the Delight of Delights, the attached store. I purchased work by some local artists for The Reads Household--a standard purchase for We Reads whenever we enter a new city--and a lovely Wonder Woman pin to wear on my lapel, with pride (and wonder!).

Before that, We Reads spent a few days in the deeps of the Southwest, and I read all of Grant Morrison's run on Seven Soldiers, which is Quite Amazing, and caught up on Gail Simone's Wonder Woman and Secret Six, both of which are Quite Amazing Indeed. To the Local today, as well, to pick up any backlog, and to resume comics review blogging this weekend are Worthy Goals, methinks, for this first weekend of the New Year.

Happy New Year, Gentle Reader!

No comments: